Occupation: Operations & Transport Manager
Jason is supporting people to stay connected by bus in many ways, including working in partnership with lots of organisations and initiatives such as;
- Hate Crime Charter Edinburgh
- Forth Valley sensory centre – on an awareness initiative
- FV Sensory & Falkirk Council assisting our vulnerable customers whilst improving safety related issues within Newmarket Street.
- Travel In Confidence – working with Police Scotland to improve the safety of our customers whilst raising awareness to our staff
- Penumbra (leading mental health charity in Scotland) understanding the mental health of our customers and supporting them back to bus.
Jason’s story and why he loves the bus:
“First Bus is focused on becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and has recently announced its commitment to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035. Bus is part of the emissions & congestion solution and not the problem. Whilst living our vision & values; we provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people
A brilliant bus story…
“I had an old Leyland national bus and business – Starlitez which I use to bring the venue to you by ways of discos and parties. As you can imagine this brought a lot of fun but also worked with schools to raise the awareness of anti-social behaviour.”